ST Little’s Shake
For as long as I can remember, I have always been a smoothie -for-breakfast kind of girl! I have created many recipes, some of which I still use today even being keto! From the time Elynn & Jacks started on solids, I began making them what we call “shakes”. I just wanted them to start their day with a balanced meal as both of them are pretty picky eaters, but found I can pretty much add anything to their shake and they will drink it!
I am often asked for the recipe from friends, so I wanted to share this recipe with you too! Have fun with it, and consider getting your littles to help out. It is such a fun experience and I think they enjoy the shake even more when they have taken part in making it!
Here’s what you need: For us it makes about 2-3 days’ worth. I serve it to the kids in the 9oz Zoli cups:
• 1 cup of frozen strawberries (I use frozen so when blended it is still cold. Sometimes the Vitamix warms the shake up from all of its power.)
• 1 avocado
• 1 cup of blueberries
• 1 cup of fresh pineapple
• 1 apple – I core it, but leave the skin on for extra fiber
• 3 tablespoons of fresh almond butter – I make mine at Wholefoods
• 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
• 3 cups of Almond milk – I make my own – recipe coming soon!
• 1 cup of frozen spinach (it is not pictured, but I freeze it in measured bags and then crumble before I put in the shake and no one notices it!)
• 1 tablespoon of MCT Oil (Optional)
• 1 cup of granola (Optional – I just recently started adding gluten freen pumpkin spice granola and they love it)
• 1 teaspoon of powdered probiotic (Optional – I have stared adding this to their shakes with the cold & flu season here it has always been my go to, to help prevent)
I always start by adding the fresh ingredients as I feel they are best at the bottom and then I add the powders, and lastly, the almond milk.
Please feel free to add and take away ingredients. I would love to know what you, and your littles think!
In this post I am wearing some of my favorite cozies; My shirt is Love + Grace and Elynn is wearing a dress by Reborn J
Images © SandraTiffany
Thanks for joining me! Sandra Tiffany is my name and this site serves as an outlet for me to share my crazy, busy, blessed, happy life with y’all. Here is where I share my favorite places, products, all things fashion, health and fitness crazes, and more. Thank you for letting me share my journey with you. xo
I’d love to hear from you!
Have a place or product you’d love for us to try?
Want to chat about where to dine and hang out with the locals while you’re in town?
Or maybe you’re ready to compare notes on big brand lipsticks with us?
Send us a note!
if you prefer mail:
5161 San Felipe Street, Suite 320-08 Houston, Texas 77056
For submissions, advertising and general inquiries by mail:
5161 San Felipe Street,
Suite 320-08 Houston,
© 2016 SandraTiffany.com